Sunday, February 19, 2006

Lordz of the Underground

A few years back I saw this super swank artwork for sale on ebay. It was from some studio in London and some bloody tosser ran the bid up far past what I was willing to pay.


Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It also happens to be several hundred dollars cheaper. Thanks to a few 50% off Michael's coupons, a couple of canvases, some paint and a little too much free time, I now have my very own piece of london stlyee hanging on my walls.



Is it perfect? No. But neither are you and that's just fine. You both have "personality."

On a side note, peep the swank coffee table that I made for the beyonce many moons ago. There is a quant little story to go along with it.

For a long time my boo's apartment was sans coffee table and it was cool. I, however, thought it to be neat to build her a custom made one in my free time. I was 90% complete before we were going to use her apartment as the launch pad for the first (and last) boys night out. At this juncture she realized that the lack of a coffee table was simply unacceptable and was going to run out and buy one really quick like.

I was nearly finished with the table and wanted to keep it a surprise. At the same time I didn't want to have her run out and buy one. Despite my best tap dancing, she remained unwavered in her decision. Thankfully, nothing caught her eye at target and Ikea was a bit too far for such short notice, so we ended up with a temporary solution of a footlocker and I was able to deliver the goods shortly thereafter.

Awwwwwww. Isn't that special.

No comments: