Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kickin it old skool

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I care not for the comedic stylings of one Jamie Kennedy, especially after the Malibu's most wanted fiasco.

Needless to say, I had low expectations* for his recent offering, kicking it old skool, but decided to give it a shot as it features Bobby Lee and included Rowdy Roddy Piper in the credits (yet he was no where to be seen in the actual film).

I have to say I was pleasently surprised. Maybe it was seeing all those 80s-tastic toys in the credit or a rat tail less than 5 minutes in, but this movie is worth a watch on the 80s nostalgia alone.

A nice added bonus was discovering the D. Ramirez Remix of Bodyrox's "Yeah Yeah" featured in the dance off between a bunch of face painted freaks called the Misfitz and a You got served kinda crew.



That track is just plain swank!

As a second nice treat, Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quinones AKA Ozone from 1984's Breakin was in charge of choreography. RADICAL! I am not sure if it was his doing or not, but there is a deliberate nod to Turbo AKA Bugaloo Shrimp's dancing with the broom rountine.

If not for anything else, watch it for the Hoff cameo.


* I'm talking midget on his knees low

No comments: