Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cliff Wagner & The Old # 7

Van Damn! I wasn't expecting much from the American Idol spin-off, the Next Great American Band, but gotta sucka punched by its premier last night.

Among the usual tool bags on the audition show were a few gems. Most surprisingly, for me, was the strong presence of bluegrass bands and standing at the front of the pack is Cliff Wagner & the Old #7.

I happened to stumble across one of his video's on youtube which pretty much erased any inkling of a question as to whether or not I am a fan.

My nana had that same IH Cub Cadet tractor, I have been known to enjoy a C-45 tall boy from time to time, and I own a remarkable similar suit. The real deal sealer, however is the ever so brief cameo of the luchador.

Genius. Pure unfiltered genius.


No comments: