- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why. (According to mythbusters, this is a lie, the acoustic signature of the quack mirrors and masks the echo)
- In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
- On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
- Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.(100% of NY cabbies are d!ckheads)
- Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- Elephants (and Star Jones) are the only animals that can't jump.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older (only one person in four billion will give a crap).
- It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
- A snail can sleep for three years (rookie, I slept all four years through high school).
- No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH" (or purple, unless you count nurple).
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and earsnever stop growing.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies,including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using theletters only on one row of the keyboard.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
Friday, September 09, 2005
25 Useless facts...
C'mon, you know you love them! (side comments in red)--Sorry for the B-league posts, I actually have to do some work from time to time.