Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

After 2+ weeks of radio, er, blog silence, topic15 makes a late night return, coming off a two week honeymoon excursion to Mexico and let me tell you, it was a doozy.

I had the best fajitas, and the worst tostadas.

I drank all sorts of tequilla, good, bad and the ugly, a shot from a large jar containing a rattlesnake, which I am told is good to curb arthritis. Also good to clean brake dust off rotors, polish brass and do another half dozen other random things.



My wife and I went to Chichen Itza, one of the new 7 wonders of the world and shopped at a Mexican costco.


I got a hella sick tan so that I now look like I might actually be 1/4 lebanese, or as peter griffen would say, my skin is kinda dark so I look like a mexican or perhaps some kind of italian.



We walked by Sammy H's Cabo Wabo Cantina and have a whole new appreciation for storm drains, thanks to the thick funk of excrement from the previous night's patrons having nowhere to go except evaporate in the hot mexican sun.

We met some interesting people who told us a little too much information for having just met, such as how they ravaged a bathroom with vomit on a pirate ship used in "hook" during a romantic sunset cruise.

We learned that Pulpo means octopus and that the broadcast networks of eastern mexico really like eddie murphy and scooby doo movies.

Driving in mexico is pretty much like that 80s arcade game Outrun, except with hoopties instead of nice lambo's.

Cultural differences make appearances from time to time. One such exception comes in the a new form of animal cruelty, not unlike the bullfights, cockfights or dog fights from the past. I managed to sneak a quick video, and while I do not condone such action I think it is important to know what really goes on, after hours, in certain parts of town...



No comments: