Saturday, June 03, 2006

2000 Acura Interga -- Autoweek Vol 5

Yeah, this whole autoweek thing has gone beyond a week, sorry about that. What can I say, I have owned quite a few cars in my day.

After backing into a snowbank with the Mazda and wedging a bunch of snow into the muffler and blowing the seal on the turbo from the back pressure, I decided to buy a car that had less than 120,000 miles on it.

Introducing the 2000 Acura Integra GS-r...


Yes, back then I lived my life a quarter mile at a time.

I had a Jackson Racing Supercharger strapped onto the 8K winding v-tec. When you floored it, it made a sound like a shop vac on steroids and ran like it stole something. It ate tires like star jones eats donuts and its 17s made sure your arse felt every inconsistency in the road.

The air conditioning stopped working during the hottest summer on record and I got tired of the $1000 tunes required every year to make the car run like it should so I sent it along its merry way. It was a fun car while I had it, but let's face it, it's no roo.

No comments: