Monday, August 21, 2006

Don't quit your day job...

I finished a book this weekend.

Big one too.

Over 300 pages.

No Pictures.

Anyhow, I'm certainly no book lubber, but I got hooked into grabbing a copy of Killer Instinct after reading a little snippet in a periodical while travelling.

I figured it would give me something to do on my recent trip to denver.

SO I was in the middle of getting my read on when the stewardess says, "Oh! Great book! I just finished it. You will never believe the end! It has such a twist. I was shocked when I read it."

Let me tell you a little bit about how shocking the ending really was...

It wasn't.

Or maybe it was...if you would consider it a suprise to go see the new Robert De Niro movie and are shocked when he says "Look at me" or if you are floored when Samuel Jackson says "Get these muthaF'n snakes off my motherF'n plane" or if you are surprised when sitting in your car at a railroad crossing that after he lights start flashing and the crossing gate comes down that a train rumbles through a few moments later...or after the sun goes down it comes back up again the very next day...the ending was shocking in that sort of way.

I guess, then, it should come at no surprise how that lady was a stewardess and not a book critic.

No comments: