Sunday, June 24, 2007

Caveat Emptor

Over my travels this weekend, I came across this ominous display for Doritos newest
experimental product, X-13D, a so called flavor experiment positioned under being an american classic.




How can I say no to a proposition like that? Christ, everyone knows I am a researcher, I love experiments and snack food. Triple threat!

So I jumped on the X-13D train for $.99.

At first taste, I swore they were pickle flavored chips, but then the tasted evolved into something I have not tasted on a regular basis since 6th grade, could it be? could it be a fast food hamburger (I switched to a diet based on poultry and seafood at that time, I will explain that some other time).

It has been a long time, so I decided I better double check.

After rotating bag to peep the ingredients, I noticed among the spices, BEEF was listed.

Aw man, what a dick move doritos! That is just low rent!

Why are you punking out non-beef eaters like that?

Did you hire Ashton K, as your new marketing VP? Cause if you did, you should reconsider.

What is next, a mystery flavor based on peanuts? What? You are deathly allergic to peanuts?

Oh, sorry about that.

Your bad.

You really should have known by the name of our new flavor, we promise it doesn't contain peanuts...Fingers crossed on the back of the bag so it doesn't count!

So in short, makers of doritos, sit on it.

No comments: