Friday, August 12, 2005

Mixed Messages

Don't you just love it when people say one thing and then do something that totally flies in the face of their previous statement?

So, I was driving home from work last friday (or perhaps the friday before that) listening to WKYS raising the roof like a car packed with AKAs from Wyoming when the DJ touts the radio station's latest and greatest promotion, free gas fridays. He further explains that there had been several accidents caused by people rushing in for the petrol gratis and implored listeners to please take their time and drive carefully.

The aforemention statement of warning was then followed by "oh yeah and we are giving away free Popeye's for the next ten minutes."

Are you kidding me?

As if giving away free gas in the city wasn't enough to cause accidents and potential riots, they decided to kick it up a notch with a limited supply of fried chicken. I nearly did a 180 on 495 when I heard that myself. I have friends that will straight murder your a$$ for some of the sweet sweet cajun battered delight. Quite frankly I am surprised the city is still standing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All that for free gas and chicken? Now if it were a shrimp etouffee-serving Popeye's I'd do a 180, weave through traffic and elbow my through the line like Steve Dawg going up to the bar.